Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What I Wanted / Got for Christmas

This KitchenAid Mixer!!!

I've already used it more than a few times and love it! I even made my first loaf of french bread today from scratch WITHOUT a breadmaker. Steve knew I wanted one but I had decided I didn't really NEED it, it was more of a want. Which is why he decided to get it for me because he knew I wouldn't get it for myself.

I got me a nice husband. Or at least a husband that wants me to bake more goodies for him. You got it babe!

6 comments:

Em said...

you'll never regret the decision to own one. life-changing :)

Sarah said...

It seems everyone I know got one for a wedding gift except us, and of course we were too cheap to buy one as students. I finally got me one :)

D and C said...

That is so awesome. Congrats. I wish I could bake. Christian has offered to buy me one, and I always say no because I don't know how to bake! lol!
I hope you bake lots of yummy stuff and accidently send some to me in a care package! LOL!!!

Amber said...

I have a really great 1 hour (start to finish) bread recipe I can send you if you want. It kneads in the Kitchen-aid so it's really easy. I use it for pizza dough, cinnamon rolls, bread, rolls, foccacia bread. Your husband will think you are so domestic!

Sarah said...

What do you mean he'll THINK I'm so domestic, I AM domestic ;) Couldn't be farther from the truth, hehe.

Yeah Amber, send the recipe on over, thanks!

Sijbrich said...

Ooooo, fancy schmancy. I want one of those, but we have too many other appliances and the cupboards and pantry are already full enough. Can't get rid of the ice-cream maker or Foreman grill to make space. Pathetic, I know.