Friday, January 15, 2010

Did I really make these by myself?!

Now, I am not posting this to brag. I am posting this because I am so incredibly proud of myself for taking the time to make hazelnut turnovers. I made my puff pastry from SCRATCH (huh?!) and actually used real hazelnuts IN THE SHELL and had to husk them and everything. My fingers still hurt. None of that fake Nutella stuff here. And it worked out! They are delicious!! Nice and flakey and crispy outside and yummy, gooey hazelnut chocolateyness on the inside, yum! And it only took like 5 hours :) But I did it! So not like the me of the past but I am really enjoying my kitchen here and all my new kitchen toys I got for Christmas. It's very exciting. Don't make fun of me.


Now, anyone want to come over and help me eat all these?

6 comments:

Me said...

Wow, Sarah, those look awesome!

bmz said...

oh wow! those look amazing. i wish i had 5 hours to do that. actually, i don't. i just wish you were my neighbor.

bmz said...

oh, and where was this talent when we were roommies? I totally missed out!

Sarah said...

Haha, yeah it's a newfound talent. Or at least something I just found out I enjoy! It helps that I'm just working part-time so there are a few more hours to spend doing what I want each day. The crappy economy is good for something :)

Michael said...

I've always wanted to make my own nutella. They look delicious!

Sarah Penelope said...

They do look good! I am really impressed! And, you answered my question here in the comments- you're working part time. Where? What are you doing? Did you ever decided on a new career? I'm part time too, but I haven't gotten past catching up on sleep and planning my lunch for the next day yet on my days off!