Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Avatar

So Steve and I both were part of the group of people that thought the previews for Avatar looked really silly. In fact, they showed so many previews of Avatar I started getting annoyed. Then it comes out and everyone talks about how great it is. And to top it off, one of my cousins and his wife said they felt the same way we did, that it looked silly. But they got talked into going with a group and really enjoyed it.

So last weekend we decided to take the plunge and spend 3 hours in an IMAX theater. I have to say, it was definitely better than expected. And I didn't even fall asleep, which I have been known to do in the past. Movie candy helps. But it really was a decent movie. Very predictable, and I'm not promoting it or anything, just saying that sometimes even really dumb looking movies can actually turn out ok. Twilight is not one of those movies.

5 comments:

Donna Banta said...

Can't bring myself to see Twilight.

bmz said...

So are you saying Twilight is not one of those movies because you thought it looked good and it wasn't, or you thought it looked good and it was? Both situations would be entirely different than your experience with Avatar!

Sarah said...

I'm saying Twilight looked like it would be really dumb and I was right, it was. Avatar didn't look good either but it was actually pretty interesting.

Are you a Twilight fan? Brooktynn, I NEVER would have imagined! ;)

bmz said...

the answer to your question is an astounding no. in fact, my dad would like for me to name my child after him. unfortunately, his name is edouardo, and that does not sound good with the last name "blood". he said that i could "americanize" it to edward, but there is NO WAY i'm having a child with the name of "edward blood".

Sarah said...

HA! Oh bmz, that would just be too funny . . . Edward Blood!