Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm Bothered

That's how I'm feeling right now . . . bothered.

Bothered by the judgements of others.
Bothered by their ignorance and close-mindedness.
Bothered by their self-righteousness.
Bothered by the way they think they know what is right for others.
Bothered by those who think others are less than they are because they have chosen a different life.

Bothered by those that don't believe us when we say we're truly happy.
Bothered by those that talk about us behind our backs and spread their judgements as if it were truth.
Bothered by those that can't just accept that we are intelligent beings who made the right decision for us.

That's it. I just couldn't keep it in anymore. I'm feeling too BOTHERED.

4 comments:

Me said...

*hugs*

Em said...

That stinks. Sorry. Hope you feel better soon girl.

D and C said...

I am bothered FOR you.
I want you to know that I love you and Steve. No matter what. When I saw Steve in Martinez a couple of Summers ago ( i was bummed I didn't get to meet you) I could tell he was so happy. I am HAPPY for you guys.
I think part of life is excepting that just because you are happy in your choices in life, doesn't mean others will be.
You are a BEAUTIFUL couple, and I love you both.

Sarah said...

Thanks Deanna, that means a lot to me. I need to work on just not caring what other people think. It's tough! But I know I'm happy and that's what matters. Who could possibly know better than me if I'm happy, right??