Thursday, December 31, 2009

Twilight - 1 star

Ok so I'm one of those people that has refused to get into all the Twilight/New Moon hype. I have to admit, I'd never read the books or seen the movies, the whole idea of a vampire love story was just too . . . weird for me. So when I was in Utah and I saw my sister-in-law owned Twilight, I figured I might as well open my mind and give it a try, what was there to lose? I fell asleep watching it 4 different times! I did finally finish it though and here are my thoughts:

Not for me. Main character girl had NO personality! Vampire dude was annoying and disgustingly pale. Vampirish blood-sucking sexual tension = CREEPY and just plain WEIRD to me. I suppose I can see how some can get really into that "I want what I can't have/living on the edge" theme but it just didn't do anything for me.

So, I guess I was right, vampire love stories are not for me. It's ok, I'm sure I'll find something else to waste my time reading or watching, no worries.

8 comments:

Me said...

We went to see both movies and we were laughing through most of them (while the teens around us glared). They take themselves so seriously!

~Sarah

Meredith and Aaron said...

The movies are completely stupid unless you read the books. You really had to start there to appreciate them. I am glad you gave it a try though, but I bet you would really enjoy the books. :) Hope all is well.

Sarah said...

Yeah, I'm sure reading the books would be different, I just didn't want to dedicate that much time to it.

I never got into the Harry Potter books either. I did see the first movie though and it was cute.

Donna Banta said...

Please don't make me read the books. (Not that I don't enjoy enough silly stuff of my own.)

bmz said...

honestly--you gave the movie one star? seems a little high if you ask me! (not that i have even seen it...) now, if you want some good entertainment, then you should read the twilight wikipedia summary. it's well worth the 5 minutes it takes you to read it.

janet said...

Oh, Sarah... you and I think alike. I do NOT think the books are any better than the movies. I read the first one and made it half-way through the second before I HAD to quit. I felt like I was reading a bad soap opera script. terribly written.. I kept saying, "These cannot be the same books that everyone loves."

Then I decided to try to watch the movie.. same situation, someone basically gave it to me and told me to watch. I think I made it through the whole thing, but I can't remember...

Girls (I mean grown women) in my area stayed up all night to watch the second movie the night it came out. I would rather have died a thousand deaths. Okay, maybe I am being a bit dramatic.

It's nice to know there are others out there who have their heads on straight.. like those who love the Bachelor.

Sarah said...

ok brooktynn, i just read the twilight wikipedia summary and it is spot on what happens in the movie, like there is no need for anyone to watch it if you read that! i can't think of ANYTHING that happened in the film that is not in that summary! too funny.

Sarah said...

the bachelor is awesome! the show, not jake :) it's like totally not even on the same playing field as twilight. although sometimes i do feel so embarassed for the girls on the bachelor i have to turn my head or cover my face! still, it's seriously amusing, whereas twilight is just seriously boring and badly written.