Saturday, August 22, 2009

Visitors!

Last weekend we had our first real visitors stay with us for a few nights. My sister and her family came to see Pleasant Hill where we grew up and San Francisco. I headed out for them one day to do some touristy stuff.

First we headed to the San Francisco coast to catch the low tide at 6:30 in the morning. I had forgotten how cool the tidepools were. And to think growing up here we took field trips to see these kinds of things all the time. Lucky us!

A starfish.

A sea anemone.

Eww, a huge crab!

Seals . . . just taking it easy.

The cute Gardner Family. And all of them smiling at the same time!

Next we stopped to walk part of the Golden Gate Bridge.

View of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge.

Then we headed off to see the redwoods in Muir Woods. Sadly, this is the only picture I took while there. I love the smell. I even bought a Christmas ornament made from real redwood that really smells like redwood. Is it the holidays yet???

It was a fun time with the Gardners. Not only did we get to hang out and visit but I got to do some siteseeing I hadn't done since I was a kid. Come back again soon!

1 comment:

TearsaJoy said...

That was so fun, Sarah! We definitely want to come back soon :-) I have some pics of the redwoods -- will try to remember to send them to you!