Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back to Houston . . .

I flew back to Houston for the weekend to spend some time with Steve now that he’s settled in a bit. We did a lot of driving around again, getting to know the area.

We also of course visited my new favorite restaurant, The Buffalo Grille! Their whole wheat pancakes are amazing! We got up Sunday morning and headed over there (it's actually within walking distance of the condo, now that's trouble). We got there just in time for Sunday brunch hour and the line was out the door. But it was well worth the wait, YUMMY! Steve took a nice picture of me stuffing my face. I plan to do it every time I go out there for a visit. (Houston is well known for EATING. There are so many restaurants to choose from, it's trouble!)



We also visited the Space Center and messed around with a few of the exhibits. The American astronaut was especially sexy.





Steve and the cute female astronaut . . .



Some neat pictures from inside the actual astronaut training center.







A real live Texas Longhorn. And who would have thought we’d see one while taking the NASA tour tram?



When we'd had our fill of the Space Center (or rather, when we were fed up with tripping all over the kids and people everywhere) we went down to the boardwalk for dinner at the Aquarium Restaurant. Neither of us ordered seafood.

Apparently the only picture Steve took was of me stuffing my face. But you can see the cool aquarium in the back. I swear I don't stuff my face all day every day. Just on vacation : )



After dinner we went outside and got our pictures taken with the cool shark. Funny how we never get pictures of the two of us . . . because there's never anyne else around to take the picture! At least we brought the camera and took pictures at all, right?





You gotta love Steve’s shirt. What has his MBA program turned him into!



All in all, it was a great weekend together and I can't wait for the next trip to Houston . . .

5 comments:

Em said...

looks like a way fun trip. maybe we'll have to make the 7-hr drive down to houston just for those tasty looking pancakes!

Em said...

oh ya, and when we were in dallas we saw a longhorn and i said, whoa. that cow has horns. and travis said, ya. it's a texas longhorn. i didn't think they'd be just off the side of the road. not in california anyways. :)

FC Premier 04 Girls said...

Ok, now, if you are going to live in Texas or visit frequently, you better get the livestock names correct. That is a pure-bred Texas LONGhorn!!! And, yes, they are just on the side of the road from time to time in the fields and on the ranches that the Texas highways go through. With all this land in this huge state, you didn't think we had civilized all of it, now did you????!!!!!!! It's pretty funny, some of the Texas ranches have been around so long that the cities just built right around them. There is one right by my house in a city of 250,000 people!!! Welcome to Texas, enjoy the scenery! :-)

Jenni

Sarah said...

Apparently I have a lot to learn about the pure-bred Texas LONGhorn! I'm counting on you (Jenni) to help educate me so I can make myself a real Texan!

Do I have to wear a cowboy hat and aquire an accent to call myself a "Texan?" :)

KamilahNYC said...

cute blog guys! Fun catching up with what you were up to!!
kamilah