Friday, July 23, 2010

I Miss Work??

So I was laying in bed reading the other afternoon, after a pretty normal day for me. Which consists of pretty much the same thing most days, now that school is out and I don't have tutoring or Junior Achievement. Sleeping, eating, shopping, running errands, reading, internet surfing, prenatal pilates/yoga, taking care of the dog . . .

Some days I have doctor's appointments, some nights I have prenatal or birth classes, but really that's about it. It's been really nice to have few commitments and to just be able to take care of myself and this baby for now. I haven't been bored. I've had plenty of time to get things done (sometimes it doesn't feel like it though if I'm not feeling well), but I rarely feel bored.

So it kind of came out of nowhere yesterday that I started feeling like I missed working! Like a real full-time job, not just a few hours here and there like I've been doing. I miss getting up every day and getting ready and getting to work starting new each day at my own desk. Having projects that are my own to work on and be accountable for. Socializing with co-workers that always understand because they work with you every day with the same people. It's not any particular job I miss, it's just the office atmosphere in general. And the structure perhaps.

It took me a year to have these feelings! I can't believe I'm even typing this!

Ok, time for a nap. Or maybe I'll go shopping for accessories for the baby's room. Despite missing work sometimes, it really is wonderful having this time to prepare. Just a couple more months until she's here!

5 comments:

Sarah Penelope said...

There's really some truth to that "grass is always greener" quote, huh? I'm very much on the other side right now!

Sarah said...

Totally! I am enjoying it while I can, because I know if I was working I would just be WISHING I didn't have to.

How are YOU guys doing??

Sijbrich said...

I was working when pregnant and there were many days when I wished that I could just sleep in and stay at home. Now being a SAHM I haven't missed working one bit. Some women say they would get bored staying at home, but I don't feel like I could ever get bored. There's always something to do. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll want to go back to working (for money).
You are very fortunate that you've got a schedule like that!

Are you volunteering for Junior Achievement? I worked for them for about 6 months after my mission. Funny.

Sarah said...

I know I would totally be wishing I could be at home if I was working while pregnant. I'm sure of it. And I'm really grateful I've been able to have this time, it's been so nice. I guess it's just after working so many years it's a big adjustment. But I really enjoy being home, and I find plenty to do even without the baby here yet!

I volunteered with JA this last school year in the middle schools, 7th grade. Loved it! It was so much fun, I miss it!

Ali said...

Hi Sara! I like your blog; I'm glad I finally found it! I think it's awesome that it took you a whole year to even get to this point. It's very Zen of you. I've never tolerated those in-between times in life very well.