Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BlackJack Peed My Pants . . .

and more tales from the puppy who’s taken over our lives!

Ok, I promise every post is not going to be about the puppy. But these stories just must be told!

So we’ve been working on house training BlackJack and he’s been doing pretty well. He had gone 11 straight days without an accident until last night. After work I decided to take him to go play at Tempe Town Lake. I don’t usually do this on a weeknight but I was feeling bad about his nose that he cut on his kennel while trying to drag his bedding out that morning. Anyway, he had a long walk, several potty stops and we came home. An hour or two later I got up to pee. Sorry if this is graphic! I left the bathroom door open so he didn’t freak out being alone. He followed me in through the bedroom and grabbed a pair of my panties and took off with them. This is not unusual. He’s taken a liking to my panties and bras. Any clothing really but panties seem to be his favorite. He’s definitely a BOY. I yelled for him to stop but figured I’d take care of business first before going after him. As I’m peeing I thought it sounded kind of loud or like there was an echo or something. When I’d stopped peeing I was still hearing peeing! So I yelled at BlackJack to stop! I jumped off the toilet and arrived at the crime scene. Not only had BlackJack had an accident, he had it RIGHT ON my panties he’d stolen! They were soaked and the carpet underneath it was too! I didn’t know how to stop laughing long enough to scold him! BlackJack peed my pants! I’m chalking it up to noise. He heard me peeing and it made him have to go. So he’s still 11 days and counting in my book . . .

On a sidenote, BlackJack can swim! We took him on a playdate last weekend to a friend’s house. They have a 4 year old Beagle named Archie. The two of them didn’t get along wonderfully. BlackJack would chase Archie and try to jump on him and nip at his ears and Archie would howl in protest at the annoying puppy that wouldn’t leave him alone. Anyway, later that night BlackJack was outside in their backyard by the pool where some of our friends were learning how to scuba dive in full gear. BlackJack was next to the edge of the pool and apparently just kind of decided to jump off the side and join them. BlackJack went under and then came back up and frantically swam to the side. But then he couldn’t get out so Steve reached in and picked him up. We need to teach him to swim towards the stairs! But I guess it’s true, they don’t call it doggy paddling for nothing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He-He! Cute Story :-) --Tears

Julie said...

Sarah! Great to see your comment on my blog, and I'm glad that you liked Noah's picture. That kid kicks my butt every day, but we're so happy to have him!

I think I forgot that you had a blog, but now that I've found it again, it's bookmarked and I'll be checking in. It's great to see that you guys are doing so well. Enjoy your puppy!

Julie

Megan said...

You have a blog...my dog is even a subject in your blog and I never knew...what other secrets are you hidding? :-)