Saturday, April 4, 2009

Springtime has arrived!

For some reason I feel like I can't post on the blog unless I have pictures. This is why a month might go by without a post. Not because we haven't been taking pictures to talk about. But because I'm too lazy to load the pictures onto the computer. The very simple task finally made it to my to-do list for today and what do you know, I'm actually going to be able to mark it off.

So let's see, what's been going on here . . . The weather is starting to warm up. Although it's been going back and forth between 90 degrees and back to the low 70's(which is quite cold for us here in Phoenix). So we've been getting outdoors a lot more lately, that's always fun. I'm beginning to understand why my skin never got anything past pasty white in DC. When it's not winter, it's too stinking humid to go outside for more than a minute or two! Since moving here, my skin color has gone from pasty white to a slightly more golden version of pale. I'll take it! We love Phoenix. We're retiring here, it's official.

Last night we went to the Greyhound dog racing park, something we've been meaning to check out since we realized it was just around the corner from our place. It was very . . . interesting. I had a hard time finding the line between having fun and feeling bad for these dogs chasing the "bunny" around the track. Don't they eventually realize it's NOT REAL?! My favorite was a male named "Late Night Luvah." He came in first in his race.

Steve is on an ASU co-ed softball team made up of the MBA students. Here's the team during their first game.

Steve after a nice swing.

Off and running.

Steve playing outfield.


Now for the Blackjack pictures, of course:

Dogpark dog wrestling. Round 13 or so. These two couldn't get enough of each other.

And apparently this little guy couldn't get enough of Blackjack. Now would this be considered "nurture" or "nature?" :)

This morning we hiked South Mountain again, only this time with the dog, and we managed to stay on the "real" trail and didn't get lost. No rattlesnakes this time either. I love this picture, check out Blackjack's very white underbite. We'll have to think about headgear when he gets a little older . . .


Playdate with my co-worker Mer's chocolate lab Muley, her parents' beagle Snoops, and Blackjack. Muley spent most of the time jumping in and out of the pool retrieving her toy that just "happened" to keep falling in, while Snoops spent most of the time hiding from Blackjack. Eventually Blackjack convinced Muley to play with him and they raced each other around the backyard. Too funny.

And finally, Blackjack really thinks he's a human. Lately he's taken a liking to sleeping up on my pillow with my head. But he's so cute it's hard to make him move.

1 comment:

bmz said...

Have you already become so climatized that this weather feels like spring to you? Feels more like summer to me! I'm in for some trouble come August.